Monday, 29 September 2014
Sold BJCORP - Biggest Lost Ever
This was the first stock I bought some four years ago - based purely on someone's recommendation, before i learned anything about a company's fundamentals. Major lesson there. It turned out well in the beginning, raising a little but then for the next four years continued to slide. Seeing the red on my portfolio every single day for the past four years because of it was a source of pain.
This is one stock I don't understand.
Something was clearly strange about this counter. It has an endless conversion of ICULS or whatever that keeps pressing the price down. Its earnings had been poor, although many optimistic people keeps pointing out at its superior NTA.
Before the release of previous quarter's report the price jumped, only for it to be dissapointed by abysmal numbers - actually registering a loss. Again, the last one week the price jumped some 20% in anticipation of an oncoming quarters report. Again the result was dissapointing, registering only a net profit of RM8 mil. The price movement really looks manipulated!
Strangely though the number of buyers were more than sellers after the release of the result. I wonder what else is brewing? But enough is enough for me. Imagine if I had put the money in other good counters for the last four years, how much more it must have been by now.
I sold at 0.58, a loss by almost half! Not too sure the exact date I bought it or the commission charged so i will do some guessing.
Bought 04/2010 0.95 x 5000 + 44.63 = 4794.63
Bought 04/2010 0.94 x 5000 + 44.45 = 4744.45
Sold 0.58 x 10000 - 32.1 = 5767.5
Div recieved
2010 - 200
2011 - 100
2012 - 100
2013 - 100
Total Loss: 5767.5 - 9539.08 + 500
= 3271.58 = 34.3%
I hereby join the long list of fools who have lost money in VT's counter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

vincent tan counter hard to play
ReplyDelete